Saturday, August 30, 2014

Continuation...Divine Arrow




    

Chapter Five



     Krisssandra started awake from a deep sleep, shivering and sweating. She looked around the house, dimly lit by the small “gasera”, a table lamp. Her nightmare brought tears to her eyes, and she heard Crisanta call her.
    “What is wrong?” she asked her.”You called out in your sleep.”
     Her breath came in short grasps so at first she could not reply; for she was still filled with the terror of the dream, and a whimper rose from her throat. Crisanta waited no longer, but went inside, without her invitation, to find her sitting wide-eyed on her bed of blanket, looking around at the floor as though something were after her. Crisanta went to her side, grasping her arms. She choked out another cry.
    “Keep off me!” she murmured. Crisanta looked around the house.
    “Keep off me!” She shook her lightly. “Wake up, Krissandra. You only dream.”
     She looked at her with frightened eyes that began to focus on their true target, and she finally realized she had indeed been dreaming. But there was something about it that remained ominous to her.
     “Ipis!”(cockroach) she whispered. “There were…’ipis’…all over around me! Crawling over me!”
     She frowned. “It’s just an ipis… so what!”
     “I… don’t know,” she answered, searching her eyes. “But I… I feel it has something to do with fate…a bad omen. I remember my father told me before. Take care of yourself and your husband. Yhecho… I am afraid something terrible happened to him.
    She squeezed her arms. “If you feel this is so, then I will call the elders together and we will hold a prayer, we will offer prayers to all the spirits to watch over you and Yhecho since he is on training. Don’t be afraid… believe in HIM. We will send it to him, and we will be strong!”
    Give me courage, Crisanta!” Divine Arrow is watching over us. She prayed silently. “Fill me with your great strength, and remember thaty in my vision I was protected by the great Arrow! Help me now, my Father, in Heaven, in my moment of great need!”
    “You can overcome this, Krissandra, You must, for I am always here for you.”
    “Crisanta!” she whispered, tears filling her eyes.she must be calm and not panic.
     For hours she lay there, praying and feeling warmth and power flooding through her.
     Yhecho is in danger.”Give me a hand Saldivar!”We need to leave this place as soon as possible.All around him he could see nothing but the deeper pit. He could not be certain just how long they stayed in that foxhole. But he could sensed that he move too quickly, he would be detect by armed men few miles away from their area. Without changing his position and thereby risking his life for the combat they are in. Brave elite force (SAF,Special Action Force) not afraid to fight for the people …for the country.He could not know what was behind them.But he would not lay there and die and rot in that stinking hole with rifles as his graveside partners! He had to get out! Even if it was so impossible he crawled, he would have time to reach the edge before the enemy noticed them.At least that way he could die above ground and aimed his weapon to the enemy’s position. Upon hearing unusual sounds of explosion he took a deep breath and reached out for a ledge on the wall of the pit.He got a firm hold with his left hand. “Nothing lives long, nothing stays here,” he chanted again. Where are my comrades, my buddy?”Shunning all fear of the war, scrambling towards freedom into the wonderful, warm sunshine! How he wanted to cry out with his joy! He was above the ground! He was free and alive, and cries of joy and laughter pushed at his throat for release. He takes a moment to compose him and determine whether anyone was still around before deciding what his next move would be. He heard similar whispers his comrades, his buddies no one drop dead for this battle. “They were alive, Thank you, God!”
    
     “Yhannie , look!” Crisanta called out.” “It is a sign! It is a good sign. Long live Yhecho! It is good a good sign.”
      The lighted candle, this is a good sign!  She looked up the Divine Arrow.”Our prayers have helped Yhecho. Thank you, God!” she whispered, her heart feeling lighter. She prayed that the lighted candle in the altar was a good sign. And she weep, she heard Crisanta telling her, “This is a good sign.””I weep with joy.” She said.

    Yhecho reach the campsite to see that they had broken camp and left. He noticed for a moment at the hated canyons. – To be continued by emsncalicdan mahaliahscent. Dear readers…complete copy of this book will soon read at National Library, Philippines.
   
    

Followers